Saturday, September 26, 2009

Have Joy

The third scripture mastery is 2 Nephi 2:25. "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

Application to my life: Because Adam fell, we were all able to come to earth and experience trials and sadness but also blessings and joy. With out knowing difficulties in life and sadness, we never would experience the blessings we get from overcoming those trials and joy of succeeding. If life was always perfect, how would there be joy? You would be the same everyday and not experiencing anything different. I am thankful for the hard times I've been through and been able to grow and experience the joy of overcoming those difficult times.

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome application!
    I learned something cool recently about this scripture: we were born to become like our Heavenly Father- that is the reason for our creation! That is the reason for every single soul's existence, the potential to become like God. I heard a quote once that talked about men being gods in embryo. I love that.

    "Men are (exist), that they might (might = it's up to us based on our decisions) have joy (and the best way to achieve that is to do everything we can to become like God because that will bring the greatest joy possible)."

    Cool blog. I love it. Good for you!!!! I should start one of these. You've inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete