Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chick-fil-a

Yesterday as I was walking to my room upstairs I saw my dad had the new on. This particular segment made me stop and watch some of it. It was talking about Chick-fil-a and how it is not open on Sundays. They were interviewing a manager or owner, I'm not sure which, of one in the Houston area. He was saying how it was because of God that they weren't open and how if you acknowledge him, he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:6). I've heard friends and the comedian we were watching in seminary on Friday say how its sad that Chick-fil-a is closed on Sundays because that's when they are always in the mood for it, but I'm glad that this store stands so firm in this belief when the world is changing and telling it other wise. "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy" (Exodus 20:8).

1 comment:

  1. People always say that the owner of all Chick-fil-a's is LDS because he closes on Sundays. But he's not. He's just a good christian. "You don't have to be a Mormon to keep the commandments" I always say...
    Great post! love the blog!

    ReplyDelete