Sunday, November 29, 2009

Enduring Till the End

So on Thanksgiving I ran a 5k. It was nice 45 degrees which my mom declared perfect running weather. Me on the other hand thought it was a little to cold to be running. However I started the race and I was fine for about the first 2 miles then my legs started cramping up due to the coldness. I wanted to give up right then and there. I started walking only to find out that made cramping in my leg muscles worse so I started jogging again. Finally, I made it to the end and I felt great. I was rather proud of myself for pushing through till the end. Later that day I got to thinking about how this is much like our life here on Earth. We have trials and struggles and also good times. However when we make it to the end of our lives without giving up and make it to the celestial kingdom, the trials and tribulations will seem like nothing. You will have gained the greatest thing which there is to gain which is living in the presence of your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with our families forever.

Here is some pictures from the Turkey Dash.


Me running.





Excited that I finished.


My sister, my mom, and I after finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment