Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Joy of Temple Work

So the other week I was talking with a friend from school about baptisms for the dead and of course he thought it was weird like ever other nonmember. But something in the conversation just struck me he said that he believed that once a person has died there is nothing you can do for them. And just this idea made me reflect and made me kinda sad. There is always going to be people in our lives that go astray and when you die you want them to be there with you. The blessings of temple work is so great. It allows us to help ancestors that may not have been members achieve exaltation. I just enjoy the comfort of knowing that if somebody in my own family goes astray and does not get the required temple ordinances I can help them by doing their work for them. I just find great joy in the ability to do temple work.

No comments:

Post a Comment