Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blessings Gained By Keeping the Commandments

So this past Wednesday basketball practice started after school. Wow I did not have any idea about how intense and tiring practice would be. After one day of practice I was so exhausted. It was basically two and a half hours of sprinting none stop. I thought of how I was ever going to make it through that till February when I remembered one of the promises for keeping the Word of Wisdom. "And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint" (D&C 89:20). That night I prayed for that blessing to give me strength to get through practice. The next day I found it easier to complete all the running that we had to do and i was not as tired as I was the day before. When you keep the commandments you can really gain blessings and call upon them when you need them most.

No comments:

Post a Comment